If you can’t cook, you need a slow cooker. If you can cook, well, you probably have one. So either way, read on.
While I enjoy cooking, I’m no Pioneer Woman in the kitchen, so I’m always looking for “I-can’t-mess-this-up” techniques, recipes and tools to help better my culinary skills. The slow cooker is one of these gems.
This recipe is so delicious you won’t believe how little skill or effort is required to make it. I wish losing weight, building a coffered ceiling and waking up in the morning were this easy… (I’d be skinny and up early enough to master that coffered ceiling project…)
While I daydream, you should get slow cooking these salsa chicken tacos.
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1.5 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Cup Salsa
- Taco Shells
- Taco Toppings (cheese, lettuce, sour cream, whatever floats your taco boat)
- Chop your onions, peppers and garlic and put to the side.
- Place your chicken in the slow cooker and season both sides with salt and pepper. Top with chopped garlic.
- Add your onions and peppers.
- Cover in salsa, and toss that cumin in now too.
- Place lid on slow cooker, plug in, turn on LOW for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, grab two forks and use them to shred the now super tender chicken.
- Now grab a taco shell and fill it with the chicken. Top with your choice of toppings.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting 4 hours for the chicken to be ready. It’s really that easy, unlike that 7am wake up. Sigh…