Dear Rotting Bananas on My Counter,
I bought 6 of you because you were pre-bunched as 6. I didn’t have the heart to split you up, but I also didn’t realize I couldn’t humanly eat all 6 of you before you’d go bad. Now there are 3 of you left, and it looks like you’re trying leopard print on for a change. You’re way too soft to eat, and if I keep you one day longer, I can already hear the fruit flies a-coming.
What is a girl to do?
Make banana muffins.
In your stomach soon,
The Rotting Bananas on Your Counter
- 3 Overly Ripe Bananas
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- Chocolate Chips or Nuts for Topping (optional)
It actually took longer to write this blog post than it did to make these.
- Peel and place your bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Dump one box of yellow cake mix into the mashed bananas and mix until there is no more dry batter. Batter may be lumpy because of the bananas.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased muffin pan. This will yield 12 muffins.
- Optional: Top all or some of the muffins with chocolate chips or nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.When they are golden brown and pass the toothpick test, they are done!
Dear Bananas Once Rotten, But Now Muffins,
Thanks for the tip. You’re freakin’ delicious.
Nom, Nom, Nom,
This recipe partied over at these link-ups. Check ’em out: