For the past two years I’ve been dying for one of these:
Drool. The Valentino Rockstud Trapeze bag. More drool.
Unfortunately, I just can’t seem to justify the $1895 price tag. Or the $1000 price tag for a pre-loved one on eBay. So while browsing a Macy*s sale online last year, I came across this Rockstud-esque beauty:
The Michael Kors Studded Selma in Malachite, the most gorgeous shade of emerald green. Retailing for $428 originally, now marked down to $199 with an additional 20% off, bringing it to about $159. Thanks to a $50 gift card I had, I brought this baby home for just about $116 with tax. Sure it wasn’t exactly my dreamy Valentino, but what a gorgeous bag for a steal of a price!
So what does this all have to do with a pumpkin you ask? Nothing really, I just wanted to share my awesome bag deal with you.
Just kidding, these beautiful studded bags were my inspiration for a super easy pumpkin decorating DIY. I call it Rockstud Pumpkins!
- A couple packs of thumbtacks from the dollar store
- A few pumpkins to Rockstud
- A marker (optional)
Ready to see how easy this is?
- First, if you’re doing a more intricate design, roughly sketch it out on your pumpkin. You could also skip this step and go freestyle. That’s how I rolled.
- Next, carefully take your thumbtacks and push them into the pumpkin. (Follow your sketch, if you sketched it out.) If you mess up, no big deal, just pull the thumbtack out and re-stick it in the correct place.
- When complete, step back and admire the most couture pumpkins on the block.
Don’t be surprised if your neighbors ask if they’re Valentino…
…or Michael Kors!