If you don’t have a set of Sharpies lying around, run out and buy some now. Completely worth the trip to Office Max. Here’s 6 reasons why:
1. Shoe scuff or scratch. No worries! Find a matching Sharpie and simply fill it in. Like it never happened. Best on darker shoes, try an inconspicuous area before you go nuts on it! (Hey Louboutin Lovers: Get yourself a red one.)
2. Bleach stain. It happens, and many times you’re not sure why. Simply use a matching Sharpie to fill in the spot. Instant fix.
3. You cut off an external facing tag and now there’s an unflattering white line. They always put tags on the worst places on scarves. Grab your Sharpie and color in that pesky “I cut the tag off” line. Gone.
4. A chip or scuff on enamel/plastic costume jewelry. Maybe it was only $3.50, but it’s not trash. Get your Sharpie and color in the areas needed. Only you’ll know you fixed it.
5. Chipped nail polish. Not recommended for everyday use, but in a pinch, I’ve totally filled in a small chip in my nail polish with Sharpie. It’s not perfect, but from a distance one would never know. (Warning, it stains nail for a bit.)
6. A scratch in wood. From wood heels to wood furniture, I keep brown Sharpies handy in case I clumsily scratch something. It’s easy to cover my tracks.